- Responding to a question about competitors, Yahoo CEO Carol Bartz said this, “”Facebook – not today, but they could be. If they keep going, they will have the vault of information on everybody in the world, and that’s valuable.”
- Yahoo has also introduced a new search UI over the past weekend.
- The last step of transitioning Yahoo Search Marketing accounts to the Microsoft Advertising adCenter platform will begin (much) sooner rather than later. Yahoo announced late yesterday that the process could in fact start on Monday, and the deadline for completion is the last week of this month.
- An article here speculates that Bing could be time-shifting it’s results. In other words changing the priority 0f webpages based on the date, so that for example Independence day might rank if you type in celebration or holiday on or around the 4th of July in America.
- Google has updated webmaster tools, next to the impressions, clicks, click-through rate and positions columns you will now find a change column. Using a specified date range you can use this new column to identify when trends occurred. They have also made some improvements to parameter handling. Article here.